Workforce Prep Day at Ohio State Fair
Ohio State Fair
Workforce Prep Day
Ohio 4-H offers a competitive event at the Ohio State Fair to showcase the workforce preparation knowledge and skills that youth have gained through participation in 4-H.
Must have completed the Teen Leadership on the Job or Get In The Act! project book OR have participated in a 4-H workforce preparation program (camp counselors, CARTEENS, junior fair board, leadership projects, etc.)
- • Prepare a display that conveys what the participant learned
- • Discuss their exhibits with the judges
- • Complete a mock interview as if applying for a job as a day camp counselor
- • Overall appearance and performance
- • Knowledge, skill, and understanding related to the project
- • Communication skills
- • Quality of their exhibit
- • Mock interview performance
- • Quality and appropriateness of responses
Included here you will find information to assist you in advertising and selecting 4-H members to represent your county during Workforce Preparation Day at the Ohio State Fair.
- • You can send as many 4-H members to the state fair as you would like (you don’t have to limit it to 2).
- • 4-H’ers get to select a job to interview for instead of being required to interview for one position.
- • 4-H’ers can directly register for the event (or you can encourage them to register)
- Workforce Prep Day Flyer 2013
- Workforce Prep Day Entry Form 2013
- Workforce Prep Day Instructions 2013
Flyers (These are designed for 8.5 x 11 paper – they are geared towards advertising Workforce Preparation Day to your 4-H Youth. Post them in your office, include them in a newsletter, send them to clubs to distribute as flyers, post them on your website, etc).
Enhanced Podcast – Visit our Knowledge Economy website for a podcast that you can show at 4-H events to increase the visibility and knowledge of WFP Day at the Ohio State Fair.
Audience: Educators/Volunteers/ 4-H Members
Content: These enhanced podcasts help you to advertise Ohio State Fair Workforce Preparation Day!
For More Information Contact:
Nate Arnett 937-278-2601, Assistant Superintendent